My Favorite Animal

What is your favorite animal? My favorite animal is a dolphin. Dolphins are my favorite animal because they are beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and playful. Dolphins live in the water and are very graceful. They live in groups called pods and they are very close with one another. They will always help another dolphin in need. Dolphins are super playful and cheerful. Dolphins love to be social and play. They can also do amazing jumps and flips in the water!

Dolphins jumping in Fiji

jimmy harrod

Did you know that dolphins are mammals and they feel emotions just like humans? Dolphins are carnivores and eat things like fish, squid, and some even eat seals. They are very social animals and live in pods of 12-1,000 dolphins, and they all take care of one another. Dolphins like tropical and temperate water, so they live in areas with those conditions. Dolphins are very, very intelligent and are ranked number 2 for the smartest species of animals. They breath through blowholes and have accurate sight. Even though we love dolphins humans are there main threat because of pollution, fishing, and hunting. Dolphins are defiantly one of the coolest animals.

Dolphin Facts

Have you ever seen a dolphin or touched one? Well, I have and it was by far the best experience ever. Last year for spring break we went to a place called Discovery Cove and I got to swim with a dolphin named Hitch. He was so sweet and friendly. He felt rubbery and he was gray. I got to give him kisses, feed him fish, and ride on his back around the big pool. I have also gone to sea world and got pet many dolphins there. One more place I have been is Gulfarium where I got to pet and play with a dolphin for the first time. Doing all this was so cool and I can’t wait to do it again with my family.

Discovery Cove

Sea World Orlando

Gulfarium

As you can see dolphins are pretty amazing, so if you know any more cool facts or have had any experiences with this amazing creature comment down below. Also comment your favorite animals and if you have got to see them in person or pet them.