A Day in The Life Of A 6th Grader

What is it like to be a 6th grader? Is it hard? Do you get a lot of homework? Do you ever have fun? Well the first thing I can tell you is that 6th grade can be challenging and you usually have homework every night. But, I always try to make the best out of it by having fun with my friends. So in that case, yes you do have fun at school!

What is your daily routine like? Well mine is very busy. I have 7 different class in a day. We also have lunch and advisory. I get up between 5:45 and 6:00 then dressed. Next pack my lunch and the rest of the stuff I will need for the day. I get on the bus around 7 and get to school at about 7:30. We have to be in homeroom by 7:35 for rosetta stone time. Next we go to first period, Then 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and lastly 5th. During all that time I have math 1st, social studies 2nd, science 3rd, language arts 4th, and PBL ( Project Based Learning) for 5th period. Then finally at 11:55 we have lunch. After lunch we have advisory for 20. I like advisory because I can get homework done and if I don’t have any I can talk with the people around me. Next we have 6th and 7th period. For this term I have Careers for 6th and HAVPA for 7th. The last thing we do before we get to go home is put our chrome books away. We get let out of 7th period at 2:35 to go to our lockers and get our stuff we need to bring home. I am home around 3:00. When I get home I usually do my homework or relax. So, as you can see my day is very, very busy, but I have the best teachers who make school something to look forward to.

Do your 6th or 7th period classes ever change? Well mine change 5 times in 1 year. We have 5 terms and at the beginning of the new term we get new unified arts classes. We have 2 classes we go to everyday for 1 term then it will change. The first term I had gym for 6th and technology for 7th. This term I have 2 different classes and I will get 2 more new ones next term. But my first 5 periods will not change. I would say that we go through all 4 seasons because we start school in the middle of August which is Summer and ends in May which is Spring, so that would be all 4 seasons in total. We go to school between 175 and 180 day of school. We go that many days because it is the law. Throughout the year we don’t get much free time, but sometimes we will get to go outside during one of our classes and play in the bus loop. Overall I think I have had a good year so far, and I hope I will get even better!

Comment and tell me what your favorite subject is and what your favorite unified art is!

Math –  MathematicaCreative Commons License Ivan T via Compfight

Social Studies –  IMG_2644Creative Commons License Stacie DaPonte via Compfight

Science – Biergläser - TEDxVenlo 2017Creative Commons License Marco Verch via Compfight

LA –  Bücherstapel und ein aufgeschlagenes BuchCreative Commons License Marco Verch via Compfight