~ Happy Happy Holidays ~

It’s almost here! Christmas cheer is in the air. Christmas is my favorite holiday if you haven’t noticed yet. It is not my favorite holiday just because of all the presents and parties even those are great, but I also love Christmas because I get to see some of my family and enjoy the time I get to spend with them. I also love to listen to Christmas music, make cookies, and decorate the tree. After Christmas my cousins and other family come out. Those are just 3 reasons I will tell you about why I love Christmas.

Christmas day is one of my favorite things. We get to open presents and my grandma and grandpa bring over a super yummy breakfast for all of us to eat. The first thing I do when I wake up is wake everyone else up because I am always the first one up. Then my mom tells us that my sisters and I need to go back on one our bedrooms and sleep or play till 7:30 or 8:00. After my parents get up then we go down stairs and look at all of the wonderful presents Santa left for us. Finally we open them one person at a time. After we open all the presents we eat the breakfast that my grandparents made. That night we will go over to my grandparents house and open the presents at there house and eat dinner. This is why I love Christmas day!

The things leading up to Christmas are great too like the music, parties, and making cookies. My family and I love to listen to Christmas music. My little sisters favorite Christmas song is Mary Did You Know sung by Pentatonix. My parents like Nat King Cole and songs from his albums. We also love, love, love, to make cookies. My mom, sisters and I make the cookies and then decorate them with colorful icing and other edible treats. My dad puts up the Christmas tree then we put all the ordainments on. We have so many different ordainments, but they are all beautiful and I love putting them up. These are just some of the things I love that lead up to Christmas.

Even after December 25 ( Christmas Day ) we still are going to parties and opening presents. My cousins come out to my house after Christmas and we open presents and go out to do fun things with them. The day they get to my house we usually have a big dinner and then run around the house or plat games. Also my dads friends that he has know for a long, long time come out. Everyone stay until after New Years Day. We have a big New Years Eve parts and every one has a good time. One other thing I love about everyone opening our presents together is when I see there face when they open a present I got them. To see a smile on someones face when they are happy because of something you did is a great feeling. This is why I love it when Christmas continues and I get to see and do fun things with my family.

As you can see I love Christmas and I think it is by far the best holiday of they year! Is Christmas your favorite holiday too? If it is leave a comment telling me why it is you favorite holiday. Well I hope everyone has a very marry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Scott Fiddelke via Compfight

Christmas Tree