My Passion

What is your passion? Well, my passion is volleyball. This is my passion because I love to play with my friends. I am also good at it. I have played for 4 years and now I am playing for my school team. I have made many new friends. We have so much fun. My coaches make us work very hard and they love it when we do do great in our games and tournaments. We always strive to do our best. This is why volleyball is my passion.

What is volleyball? Volleyball is a mental and physical game. One way it is mental is that if you mess up you can’t put your head down and keep thinking about it, you have to keep your head up and cheer on the rest of your team to get the ball back. It is physical because you are moving to get the ball and playing the ball. Serving is very important too. In volleyball you can underhand or overhand serve the ball. For my school team we all overhand serve. There are three main ways you play the ball. You can pass (1st), set (2nd), or hit (3rd).  My coaches always tell us that passing and serving are the most important things because if you can’t serve the other team gets the ball and if you can’t pass than you are not going to have a good set which means the hitter can’t hit. Volleyball is also very, very fun!

PSU Timeout Craig Fildes via CompfightLIUB #10 Jiayi Zhang hitting Craig Fildes via Compfight